Unless you have already established your brand, though, it may not be that easy to grow your Twitter followers quickly. More so, growing Twitter followers consistently over time is another issue. If you look around, however, you will find a lot of experts dishing out advice on how to make sure that your Twitter follower count consistently goes up, instead of staying stagnant (or worse, going down).
Here’s a useful infographic from twiends, which will give you tips to grow your Twitter followers. ((Twiends))
Some points you can find in the infographic:
- Guest blog. That is, offer to write (for free) on other blogs, and don’t forget to include a link to your Twitter profile at the author section.
- Promote your Twitter account in your own blog. Twitter buttons are the standard. You can also use a widget to promote your latest tweets within your blog.
- Run a contest on Twitter. Just make sure the prize/s are worth tweeting about!
- Use Twitter as a support channel. If you are promoting your business Twitter account, take advantage of the platform by being accessible on it to give customers support. Needless to say, accessibility is of paramount importance!
- Participate in a Tweetup, or host one. If you’re not sure what it is, it’s just a real world gathering of people who are on Twitter.
These are, of course, only some of the things that you can do to gain more followers on Twitter. At the end of the day, you need to make sure that your tweets are follow worthy!
Now if it’s retweets that you want, you can read a previous post about getting retweets.
Photo via joelaz