When we talk about online video, YouTube always comes into our mind first. But the truth is, there are other video sites out there which may not be offering video uploads but could be a great source of finding video contents scattered all around the Internet. One such service is the seemingly underrated video search portal – Truveo.For those who are unfamiliar with Truveo, it’s AOL’s video search platform which could easily be the second largest video search engine worldwide, and in the U.S. The numbers say so – 25.6 million unique visitors monthly worldwide and 5.1 million unique visitors in the U.S.
To beef up its video search service some more, Truveo is introducing some more cool features, that is aside from the fact that it is now available in 16 localized versions internationally.
Here are some of the new features of Truveo:
- more than 350 million online videos
- cleaner, redesigned homepage with improved search, browsing functionality and upgraded loading times
- more personalized control over search including Navigation that lets users browse their searches by channel, category, show, popularity and most followed on Twitter.
- a new page dedicated to TV show listings found on the Web lets users browse for shows alphabetically or by network
- new tools let users save and send their favorite videos and search terms to friends and share them on Bebo, Facebook, MySpace and StumbleUpon.