I am a big RSS fan. Not sure if you noticed last May 1st, but we had an RSS Awareness Day going on. I started it.
Anyway browsing on the web today I came across an interesting article outlining 100 cool uses for RSS.
Here are the first 10 ones:
- Books. Read books with DailyLit. They will send sections to you each day via RSS feed.
- Recipes. Get a recipe of the day, recipe raves, recipes from chefs and friends, and more from bigoven.
- Vegan Recipes. If you are a vegan, get recipes, articles and more from VegWeb.
- NPR. Find your favorite NPR show updates, local NPR stations, and more each with their own feeds.
- Blogs. Find your favorite blog and read it in your reader every time it’s updated rather than visiting the site waiting for updates.
- TV listings. Have local TV listings from TV Guide sent to you every day.
- TV reminders. Use mytvrss to customize RSS feed reminders on the day when your favorite shows will air.
- Watch TV shows. Find out as soon as free downloads are available of your favorite shows on Hulu.
- Movies. Read movie reviews from major critics and the editors themselves at Rotten Tomatoes with their updates.
- DVD. Find the latest about DVD new release and bestsellers with Movies.com.