The latest version of Ubuntu Linux Distro has been officially announced by Canonical, the commercial sponsore of Ubuntu. And depending on your needs, you an download any of the three versions of Ubuntu 9.04 for free – the desktop edition, server edition and Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix.Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Edition Features
So, what does this latest version of Ubuntu 9.04 has to for our desktops? Many good things actually, and these include:
- faster boot speed
- enhanced application suite
- improved visual appeal
- intelligent switching between Wi-Fi and 3G
- support for Skype and Adobe Flash and Open Office 3.0
- integrated notification system
- new icons and artworks
How to Get Ubuntu 9.04
You can get Ubuntu 9.04 by three ways:
- Visiting www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu for a free download – if you have a netbook which doesn’t have an optical drive, downloading this installation and transferring it to your USB drive is a logical solution for installing Ubuntu on your netbooks.
- Visiting shop.canonical.com to purchase
- CDVisiting shipit.ubuntu.com to request a free CD
As Good as Vista and OS X, Even Better?
So, is Ubuntu 9.04 really as good as Windows Vista and OS X? News.com’s Renai Limay said so:
So I’m in a position to notice step changes in user interface behavior like the one that Ubuntu has brought to the table with 9.04. In short, Ubuntu is now as slick and beautiful as Mac OS X or Windows 7.
Now I’m really curious to try Ubuntu 9.04 on my Eee PC 1000HE netbook to find out whether it is really good.
So have you downloaded Ubuntu 9.04? How do you find it? Feel free to share your experiences by leaving a comment below.