Just when we all thought that they’ll be gone for good, or to put it in a nice way, die a slow death, here comes the bad boy of digital music sharing Napster unveiling its new venture – paid music subscription for as low as $5 a month.According to the press release (published by Engadget), For as little as $5 a monh or $60 per year, Napster will be giving you unlimited music streaming over Napster’s on-demand music streaming service. In addition, you can also download five unrestricted MP3 downloads. If you’re a voracious digital music user, then this is a pretty nice deal. This practically eliminates the need to listen to 30-second clips to help you decided whether to purchase a music file or not.
Specific features of the Napster music download include:
- 5 MP3 monthly download
- listen to CD quality track from Napster’s catalog of more than 7 Million songs
- listen to more than 60 commercial-free radio stations and 1,400 programmed playlists
- discover new music and artists
- enjoy top hits from more than 50 years of Billboard charts
- play MP3s on any MP3 player, including iPod, iPhone and mobile phones
This new Napster offering is now available for U.S. residents at www.napster.com.