The label I used may be arguable, but there is some truth to that saying, isn’t there? After all, how many “smart” people do you know who don’t seem to get their act together? And how many “stupid” people do you know who are well-loved by everyone who knows them?
Still, those who’ve got the smarts deserve admiration and respect – recognition at the very least. The guys at Super Scholar threw some ideas, numbers, and facts together to come up with the 10 smartest people alive today. For sure, you can rattle off a couple of names off the top of your head, but why not check the infographic out to see if you have the same people?
The infographic starts off with the premise that judging smartness can be relative. Indeed, what metrics do you use? Is it IQ or achievements in life?
If we were to look at the IQ as the main measurement, though, the stats show that:
- 0.5 % of people are near genius or genius. This means that their IQ is over 140.
- 2.5% of people have superior intelligence. Their IQ is over 130.
- 2.5% of people are mentally impaired – IQ below 70.
- 50% of people have IQ scores between 90 and 110.
Now for a quick rundown of the smartest people alive today.
- Stephen Hawking – IQ of 160
- Kim Ung-Yong – IQ of 210
- Paul Allen – IQ of 170
- Rick Rosner – IQ of 192
- Garry Kasparov – IQ of 190
- Sir Andrew Wiles – IQ of 170
- Judit Polgar – IQ of 170
- Christopher Hirata – IQ of 225
- Terrence Tao – IQ of 230
- James Woods – IQ of 180
More than a few of those names may be unfamiliar so check out the entire infographic for more details on each genius.