For MySpace it’s better late than never. The official MySpace blog announced that it is rolling out a new feature of MySpace that will allow users to sync their MySpace status updates with their Twitter feed. Available as an opt-in feature, any user can sync their MySpace account with Twitter so that any updates on their MySpace status will also be displayed as tweets on their Twitter. Likewise, users may also choose to have their tweets be displayed in their MySpace status and mood.Sounds like fun? It’s not really a MySpace excusive as other social networks have done this particularly Facebook. And the real winner here is of course MySpace which is probably trying to capitalize on the popularity of Twitter to beef up the dwindling usage of its site.
Syncing MySpace wiith Twitter uses OAuth’s open authentication technology which ensures confidentiality of information should you desire to sync your accounts.
Other functionality of these syncing feature include:
- status updates are synced from MySpace to Twitter and vice versa
- updates originating from MySpace will be noted as such on Twitter and vice versa
- status syndication can be enabled for one-way or two-way
- updates post to Twitter will have a link back to MySpace to make commenting easier
- enables on-the-go status syncing on MySpace and Twitter mobile apps