On a daily basis, that is. This is one of the most attention-grabbing findings of the New Relic team, which they shared in an infographic titled “Mobile APPeal: Exploring the Mobile Landscape”. It is hard to ignore the fact that the team had the infographic created to promote their app performance management solution services, but the data presented is interesting enough, even to the average user who simply likes going through stats.
So yeah, they claim that there are 1.3 million Android activations, as opposed to 300,000 births. I am not sure if they included the Philippines in their calculations because we do have a lot to contribute to the latter stat.
All kidding aside, the mobile market is indeed a thriving one. Here are some key figures:
- 1.82 billion smartphones are expected to be in use in 2013
- There are more than 1.5 million apps available in the Apple App Store and Google Play. And we should not forget to take into consideration the potential results of Microsoft’s drive to attract developers.
- On average, a smartphone runes 41 apps. I am way below this average, I think. You?
- People check their phones 150 times a day. Once every 6.5 minutes. Wow! This tempts me to do an experiment and count how many times I check my phone in a day!
- Predictions: By 2015, there will be more than 89 billion downloads. By 2020, half of all the payments made will be done via mobile systems.
Bottom line? The mobile market will only continue to expand and become part and parcel of our lives. It’s a no brainer, isn’t it? So maybe, just maybe, you might want to consider a career in the mobile sector.
Via New Relic
Lead image via Android Babies