One of Google’s most recent moves that kept it as one of the top search engine based companies out there was Gmail. In recent years the top online email website was Hotmail. You know, Hotmail; you almost never saw anyone without one (unless they hosted their email on their own website). Hotmail had all the features and they were convenient too.
Back then, it seemed that they were the best candidate for people that disliked spam. That all changed when Gmail entered the stage with a bursting frenzy of hype following it. We all know that Hotmail has recently changed to Windows Live Hotmail, but what motivated them to make this move? Was it Gmail? This is the question people have been asking ever since the launch. Now I’m going to break them both down so you can decide which one is better.
Perks Of Windows Live Hotmail:
- Easy writing platform
- Lets you create many different folders to help file emails
- Lots of space
- Windows Live Email platform has a free download
- Compatible with Instant Messager
- It’s free
Drawbacks of Windows Live Hotmail:
- Not very good at blocking spam (compared to Gmail)
- There isn’t an online chat feature
- Two versions (normal and windows live)
- Marks a lot of things spam that aren’t
Perks Of Gmail:
- VERY simple writing platform
- Easy to track down your friends
- Online chat feature
- Virtually no spam
- Always getting more space (one byte at a time)
- It’s free
The only thing I can think of that is wrong with Gmail is the fact that it doesn’t really have downloadable features to support it.
What you say?
So there you have it. And now it’s time for you to decide which one will be most successful in the long run. What do you think?