So the final version of Internet Explorer 8 is finally out. This is an important release for Microsoft especially since the web browser competition is getting pretty intense right now. What used to be a niche that was dominated by Microsoft now belongs to other browser brands as well, particularly Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple’s Safari browser. Microsoft came prepared when it released IE8 infusing the browser with cool features that adds to its interactivity and social aspects. One of these features are the accelerators.
There are many accelerators already available for activation in your IE8 installation. We’ve selected 8 of them and all of which aim to make your IE8 browsing experience as great as possible.
1. Send with Live Search Hotmail – This accelerator is of course most useful if your webmail is Windows Live Hotmail, or if it’s one of your alternative webmail platform. It lets you send webpages, links or text directly to anyone using Live Search Hotmail.
2. Find on eBay – A simple tool that lets you find and preview eBay items anytime, on any website that you are browsing. Useful for those who are fond of acquiring items through eBay.
3. MySpace Toolbar – Ultimate Edition – MySpace users would find this accelerator useful as it lets you stay connected to your MySpace profile through persistent login. Its features include notifications with updating messages, simplify messy profile pages, and dual riot menus. It also comes with OneRiot Social Search.
4. Shop and Save with Live Search Products – In this economically challenging times consumerism doesn’t have to suffer that much. Live Search Products might actually find you the best deals on online products as it gives you instant product prices, cashback offers, reviews and other relevant information and helps you save when shopping online.
5. CloubBerry Tweetie – Of course with the growing popularity of microblogging service Twitter, it’s no wonder that everyone would seem to jump into the bandwagon. This accelerator helps you post excerpts when you’re browsing the web to your Twitter timeline.
6. Share on Facebook – I wouldn’t be surprised if this accelerator gets the most number of activation by IE users. Facebook is the most popular social networking sites, where members just love sharing anything with their contacts. IE8 users who are avid Facebook fan should enable this accelerator.
7. Send with Gmail – Yes I know Microsoft has Windows Live Mail or Outlook for email, but hey even if you use IE8, Gmail is still the best webmail, well at least in my personal opinion. So, it’s good to know the interplay between Gmail and IE8.
8. Find on Facebook – Another useful accelerator for Facebook users. It lets you search people or group from any webpage. So, while browsing and you find an interesting group, you can immediately check whether that group has a Facebook account and be a member quickly.