Who Spent $10 For These Domain Names? Seriously!

Repost This

Sure, domain names are the real estate of the future, but that does not justify spending $10 on crazy stuff. Below you will find some of the craziest (and crapiest) registered domains that I came across through my research sessions on the web.

1. gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooogle.com

I will save you the pain, there are 59 o’s on this domain (not counting the one on .com). I mean, I would understand why someone would want to register Gooogle.com or even Goooogle.com. But Gooooooooo…oooooogle.com? And the interesting thing is that this guy is not alone. Almost all the Google-like domains with several o’s are already registered, up to 59 o’s (which is also the maximum you can have). Perhaps people engaged in a competition to see who would own the longest Google-like domain?

2. mycrapwebsite.com

Talk about starting a project with motivation and high hopes….

3. profesionalservices.net

We all know that registering a .net domain is a bad idea when the .com version is available. Well, not only this guy went for the .net, but he also misspelled professional. I am not sure how much consulting work he would be able to get with such a domain name.

4. sexofhorse.com

Sex of horse? What the heck is that domain supposed to mean? We know that sex related domains tend to be worth good money, but those are domains that make sense and contain searched terms. What kind of perverts search for “sex of horse?”

5. iamverystupid.com

Enough said.

6. thisdomainisavailable.com

Whoever registered this domain deserves some credit because he managed to create a small paradox. That being said, these were $10 he is probably never seeing again.

7. thelongestdomainnameintheworldandthensomeandthensomemore
andmore.com

Probably this is the only domain on this list that actually is worth the $10 spent for the registration. If you google “longest domain name” it will appear close to the top, and it should get some traffic. We included the domain here because it is a crazy idea nonetheless.

8. ieatshit.com

We are not here to judge one’s eating habits. However, we can not figure why one would want to broadcast to the world such a peculiar fetish.

What about you, did you come across any crazy registered domains in the past?

26 Responses to “Who Spent $10 For These Domain Names? Seriously!”

1. Arun on February 26th, 2008 5:01 pm

Hilarious ! To say the least :)

2. Tejvan Pettinger on February 26th, 2008 5:33 pm

great stuff. Made me smile.

Tejvan

3. NightcrawlerX on February 26th, 2008 5:47 pm

there have been at least 43 visitors on mycrapwebsite.com :)

4. JC John SESE Cuneta on February 26th, 2008 6:04 pm

I vote for these:
    mycrapwebsite.com
    iamverystupid.com
    thisdomainisavailable.com
    thelongestdomainnameintheworldandthensomeandthensomemoreandmore.com

hehehe :p the funniest in no particular order.

Best Regards,
    Laibcoms / Laibeus Lord

5. Dr. Pete on February 26th, 2008 8:38 pm

At first, I read the title and thought “hey, you never know why someone might need a particular domain name”. Then I read the post. You win :)

6. Madhur Kapoor on February 26th, 2008 9:56 pm

I have noticed one thing, the domains which have the “shit” word are quite expensive.

7. DJ on February 26th, 2008 11:40 pm

I think some of those names have some potential. The goooooo…gle and misspellings don’t but I think I could build a site around some of those names.

8. bryan on February 26th, 2008 11:49 pm

I think mrpoop.com should be added to the list

9. Loki on February 27th, 2008 12:56 am

These people are crazy. They either have too much money on their pockets, or are looking for attention they just can’t get in the physical realm. Haha.

10. Tim on February 27th, 2008 2:07 am

profesionalservices.net cracked me up the most for stupidity. I’d have mycrapwebsite.com though, the name made me laugh and i reckon you could build a humour site around it.

11. Matt Wardman on February 27th, 2008 5:36 am

http://www.antidisestablishmentarianism.com/ is being used quite creatively.

12. Hal on February 27th, 2008 11:34 am

I would add http://mangemerde.com to the list. This is French for eat shit. This appears to be the personal blog of a very well known blogger on the Internet. Her commercial blog (although both probably make quite a lot of money) must be very lucrative.

When I first saw this I couldn’t believe it was the same person. French is almost a second language for me, although I haven’t spoken enough for many years to call myself true speaker of French anymore.

I sent her a message and asked why she would name her site any such thing as that. There was never a reply. No matter the language, shit is shit, and I don’t even see how this relates to the content of the site.

13. Mike Panic on February 27th, 2008 2:22 pm

Not kidding you, but last night a friend IM’d me all excited because he registered iamfuct.com.

14. Sumesh on March 3rd, 2008 9:40 am

You might as well say ‘enough said’ on all of the above.

15. Edy on March 22nd, 2008 6:34 am

I don’t know why people registered those domain (for number 1 and 7).
    How do they develop it?
    it’s weird.

16. Kellalizard on May 12th, 2008 2:49 pm

I don’t know whether its because of where I live but some of those websites don’t work for me.
    There are some really weird ones though, I’ll grant you that.

17. Pallab on June 8th, 2008 2:05 pm

LOL. Made my day.

18. maxwellstephen on December 24th, 2008 6:56 pm

Hilarious ! I just can’t stop laughing.. how in the world you guys came up with such ideas..? I might buy this domain name kickmyass.com :)

19. ReidEx on December 29th, 2008 7:11 am

Awesome list.

Although 10$ is not THAT much, it still made me smile.

20. pranav on March 2nd, 2009 4:58 am

is it safe to use google in your domain name.Can google claim the domain if the domain becomes popular

21. TH on January 6th, 2011 10:49 pm

People commonly purchase misspelled domain names in order to snatch some of that traffic for advertising purposes. It’s not stupid, it actually makes a lot of people a lot of money.

Got something to say?